So far...

...so good!

Other than getting a bit distracted by my four year-old in the front pew and forgetting to pour wine in the chalice (quickly caught and remedied!), I haven't fallen while holding the Gospel book or done anything overtly heretical! (But I'll keep trying!)

My new project is creating my green "Ordinary Time" stole. I am asking everyone to send me a small piece (something in the way of a "fat quarter") of green fabric. {So if you are reading this, that means you should send me some fabric... no, really. You. Yes, you! Just e-mail me - InterPlayOmaha@gmail.com - and I will send you my address! Yes, you!}

It doesn't have to look like this:

...it can be from an old shirt, tie, table napkin, curtains (I know that smacks of Scarlett O'Hara, but, there you are) or you can simply purchase something! I'll leave that bit up to you. Just please say away from shades of lime chartreuse. And thanks...

AOB:
...of your charity, please keep me in your prayers as I continue to learn what it means to be a deacon (both inside a church edifice and out). Speaking of edifices and prayers, if you would also keep the TriFaith Initiative (and InterPlay), in your prayers as well I would be exuberantly grateful as we move into land purchasing, TriFaith building and parish formation.

TriFaith.org
InterPlayOmaha.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. or done anything overtly heretical!

    Oh, you will have and somebody will have taken a note on it. I remember in my first curacy, one day the vicar ran out to meet me as I arrived in my car.

    "Everyone's complaining about you," he said with hatred in his eyes (he was a nasty man at the best of times."

    "What have I done," I enquired with panic in my voice.

    "When you read the Gospel you rock slightly from side to side," he replied.

    I knew then that I had left the sane world behind when I walked down the cathedral nave at my ordination.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup... I remember part of the vows reading "other duties as assigned", but there was no promise of sanity (on my part or anyone else's!) I am indeed fortunate in the people I am surrounded by... it is a very loving and supportive community. (And don't forget you are always welcome and airfare is on the low side this time of year!)

    ReplyDelete